Oscar the Mountain dog.... 01/04/2007 too 03/12/2018

 Oscar joined us, June 2007, as an older pup of 8wks.He was from a litter of eight from his parents home in Woodland,here in South Cumbria 


He took to family and hill life as just another step,trained easy and never on the lead in all his hill days.He loved the snow and without asking just lifted a leg so i could put his pack on


The pictures are from his home in the Lakes hill and the mountains of Scotland,he completed a round of the Wainwright's and at a guess a hundred or so Munros 


























"All his sweet and shaggy life,
always near me, never troubling me,
and asking nothing "






 "A heart of gold stopped beating,
  Two shinning eyes at rest.
  God broke our hearts to prove to us,
   He only takes the best.












"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
 It comes from the love in my dogs eyes."




"You're only a dog, old fellow;
 a dog, and you've had your day;
 But never a friend of all my friends
 has been truer than you always"






"Sleeping here, my chin
On your foot--no greater bliss"





"Tis sweet to hear the watch dogs honest bark
 Bay deep-mouthed welcome as we draw near home.
 'Tis sweet to know there is an eye will mark
 Our coming and look brighter when we come "





"I lie belly up
 In the sunshine, happier than
 You will ever be "





"I choose, I choose the mountain
 With all the stress and strain
 Because only by climbing
 Can i rise above the plain"













 
































Oscar had been on Tramadol and other pills from Last September,but on Monday 3rd of December,he was in pain and he had to leave us.The hardest thing we've ever had to do,but we held him as he slipped away 

Till we meet again good friend 



"Do not stand at my grave and weep
 I am not there,i do not sleep.
 I am a thousand winds that blow.
 I am the diamond glints on snow.
 I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
 I am the gentle autumn rain.
 When you awaken in the morning's hush
 I am the swift uplifting rush
 Of quiet birds in circled flight.
 I am the soft stars that shine at night.
 Do not stand at my grave and cry;
 I am not there, I did not die.

Oscar dog 01/04/2007 till 03/12/2018

Comments

  1. I remember when you posted the news about Oscar last December. I don't think you ever get over the loss of a dog, but I hope the pain has eased. There's a humouous (but oh so true) cartoon book here: https://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox (it's worth a look.)
    I think one of the quotes from that serves well:
    "He is my best friend, and I am his, but he will go to his grave not knowing my name." Dogs give so much and ask so little.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Crainlarich Munros Day 3 & 4 Xmid2 and Trailstar shelters

A circuit of Seathwaite,wild camp...Mld Solomid,Duomid,Scarp 1 ..

Twenty twenty one wild camps for the year