Coniston fells,with a camp on Wetherlam

As todays trip was a short one I had a late start and only left Coniston village at 10 am. New (to me and mainly for a trip too Sweden next year) I took my HMG Southwest pack its a beast insize and made packing very easy






The day was a stunner but warmer than I expected so I soon had to remove my Montane Extreme smock and rummage out a baselayer





Views were vast with the  Snowdonian peaks and Isle of man easy to see,but hard to catch on the cameras I had with me











After Coniston old man it was a nice stroll along to Swirl how then down the Prision band to my planned camp on Wetherlam




Scafells looking beautiful in winter clothing






























MLD Cuben Duomid
























 
It was a nice sunset but then cloud over some,but by 7 pm had cleared again,allowing me to sit out for hours taking pics and just looking up








Expecting it to be much colder id brought my Costca down blanket but he slept on it rather than under it





Phone signal was on and off but I did get a message from Kate that she was out too,but I received it too late and she settled down for a bivy out down below me on the summit of Kitty crag
































































I looked out at 3am and clag had come in and stayed,i stalled leaving till gone 9pm but it did clear for me as I slowly started the descent back to the car










Heres a video I did of the trip,thanks for watching and safe travels   Peter and Oscar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crainlarich Munros Day 3 & 4 Xmid2 and Trailstar shelters

A circuit of Seathwaite,wild camp...Mld Solomid,Duomid,Scarp 1 ..

The Crainlarich Munros Day 1 & 2 Xmid2 & Trailstar shelter