The forecast was for a dry wknd but with a strong gusty Westerly wind,bringing some high windchills.I was parked up and away from the car, near Tiberthwaite, by 7-30 am it was a lovely walk back along the forest track listening to it come alive the "Knocking" of a few wood peckers sounding loud in the early morning air 


My path led me to the Coppermines track but as soon as i joined it i left it on a steep tiny path towards Kitty crag.There are 4 small Birkets on these "Furness fells" and it was a nice walk up and down them


It led me to Tiberthwaite and another four Birkets i made my way over these,having still not seen a soul,from here i met the day walkers so made a path upwards just to the West of Wetherlam edge 








The hard cold wind made it a cold day so after a quick bite on Wetherlam i made my way up the Prision band and onto Swirl how,its a short walk around to Great Carrs


I always pay my respects at the old crash site as i pass by..just before the last climb of the day,i dropped of the path to a good reliable water source and filled up with water for camp




 \
I was happy to put the extra water down after the last clamib up and soon set about finding some shelter from the biting wind 








My demo/trial inner from MLD was soon up and soon after i was out of the wind with  a brew in hand watching some distant walkers along the far ridges 





Sunset wasn't up to anything but was treated to some really nice colour afterwards for quite a while too 




















Tea was a lovely Chicken Curry from Real Turmat washed down with some brews and some Lakeland Toffee Vodka 





I only took a few shots as the clag came in and out a few times,plus the wind was a pain both with my finger ends and with shaking the tripod 











Morning still had the strong winds but some clear weather was around as i had some bacon buns for breakfast



For my return i headed back to the main ridge then dropped down to Levers water i then made my own way back to the "Hole rake" path and a lovely walk back to Tiberthwaite 









The route came in at 15.8 mile and 5463 ft of ascent ..thanks for looking  


Heres a link to the short Vid i did 

https://youtu.be/khfdYJsRUy0




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crainlarich Munros Day 3 & 4 Xmid2 and Trailstar shelters

A circuit of Seathwaite,wild camp...Mld Solomid,Duomid,Scarp 1 ..

The Crainlarich Munros Day 1 & 2 Xmid2 & Trailstar shelter