A fabled Oookworks inner for my MLD Trailstar


So last wknd I received a message from my friend Dan Clout,who had found and bought a Trailstar and Oookworks inner from a guy in Norway and did I want to buy the inner 


I’ve wanted a full walled inner for some time,I begged and after a year or 2 Ron did make me an Mld inner with Cuben floor and 15 “ of wall on the sides,but like many others I wanted a walled one,more so for winter


So I snapped his hand off, it arrived today and I had it pitched and fit in the afternoon,it’s a real shame the way things went with Sean who set up Oookworks as his stuff is so well made…..quite why the new owner is not interested in making or selling them,after buying it off Sean..will remain one of life’s mysteries ? 






Pitched at my standard pitch height of 52” it fits very well indeed 
























So slightly bigger but solid walls on 3 sides but a weight penalty over my Cuben Mld one,but I’m keeping it 😀


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crainlarich Munros Day 3 & 4 Xmid2 and Trailstar shelters

A circuit of Seathwaite,wild camp...Mld Solomid,Duomid,Scarp 1 ..

The Crainlarich Munros Day 1 & 2 Xmid2 & Trailstar shelter